Cleaner Air and a Safer Home
No matter what season or what time of the year, having quality air to breath is a necessity. Many of us suffer from allergies, asthma, and more, making it difficult to leave the house and do all the necessary things. That can be even more problematic when the air in your home is not safe. A way to deal with that is a purification system. There are many out there on the market, but some of the best ones can be found with your reliable HVAC company. For more about whole house purification systems in Boiling Springs and Spartanburg, SC. Contact AdvantAir Inc. at 864-804-6400.
How Air Purification Systems for Whole Houses Work
An air purification system can seem like a scam or a waste of money, but it really isn’t. These systems work by trapping air particles that could be potentially harmful to your health. A whole-house system can either be included in your existing HVAC system or it can be installed as a separate unit. These systems include filters that will trap particles and prevent them from going through or they will charge them, essentially cleaning them. That is how your air becomes cleaner over time with a purification system. If you are adding to your existing HVAC, your central AC system will also work to clean and purify the air in your home. To do that, a contractor will need to add air intake points throughout the home. If you are choosing a separate unit, a contractor can install the unit somewhere in the attic or wherever, and will still need to include additional exhaust and air intake points. Depending on your needs and your budget, either option is great. You will likely need to rely on an HVAC technician for installation and AC service. Not only can they install a purification system, they can also help to maintain it over the years, so you air is always clean and safe.
Benefits of Whole House Air Purification Systems
You may be wondering, do whole house air purifiers work? Are whole house air purifiers worth it? The answer to both questions is, yes! Air purification systems are a great investment for any homeowner. There are a number of health and appliance advantages to a system like this.
- Safer Air: Yes, with a purification system, you will have cleaner, safer air. The filters will trap any harmful or toxic particles and prevent them from circulating within your space.
- Odor Elimination: While purification systems can’t eliminate odors by themselves, if an activated carbon filter is used in conjunction, you’ll notice a reduction in bad smells.
- Less Dust: Another great benefit of these systems is less dust. Any filter that is regularly maintained will trap a majority of the dust you see now and prevent it from accumulating.
- Extended HVAC Life: These systems are also great for helping to prolong the life of your HVAC. The purifier will help it to run more efficiently so it won’t have to work as hard to heat or cool your space.
There are specific whole house air purifiers for allergies, for asthma, and more. Of course you want the best for your family and your home. With these systems, you really have the chance to find what you want and make your home that much more safe. Kind of like when someone is building a home. They get to start from scratch with everything, including new construction plumbing. With a purification system, you can start with a brand new build or later on with an additional unit. Either way, you are making a choice to update and protect your home and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best whole house air purification system?
- Brands like Honeywell, Airmega, Alexapure, and Aprilaire offer great purification systems at great prices. You can usually work with an HVAC repair company for competitive prices and installation services.
- Can air purifiers be harmful?
- In general, most air purifiers are not harmful and in fact, very good for you. They clean the air producing quality air for you to breathe in. However, you can purchase or install the wrong type of purifier which can be harmful to your health.
- Why is my house so dusty?
- One common reason for dust accumulation has to do with HVAC filters. If they are seriously clogged or non-existent, this will cause an accumulation of dust. Dust comes from everywhere, so having clean filters will prevent that.
- Do air purifiers make your house smell better?
- On their own, no, air purifiers can’t make your home smell better. While they can clean the air, they can’t remove smells. The way to do that is to make sure the purifier has an activated carbon filter. That will remove any bad smells.
- Is it worth buying an air purifier?
- If there is someone in your home that suffers from allergies or asthma, then an air purifier can be a great investment. This will help to reduce attacks while improving the overall health of your home.
Contact Our Team Today for More Information
Connect with AdvantAir Inc. today at 864-804-6400 for whole house purification systems in Boiling Springs and Spartanburg, SC. We look forward to working with you.